One of the large and important market for recycling. The recycling of ships is done at Chittagong.
- Chittagong has about 55 ship recycling yards.
- About 50 yards have ISO 9000, 14000 and OHSAS 18000 certification.
- They prefer tankers to all other types of vessels – the bigger the better.
- Recycles about 100-200 vessels annually.
- They practice beaching methods.
- Guinness Book
Wirana has successfully concluded the purchases of two ULCCs from major shipowners with a combined LDT of 148,691 making the BIGGEST purchases of any year earning WIRANA a place twice in the Guinness Book of World Records and is the ONLY Cash Buyer to feature in it !...»