India for long has been the biggest market for recycling ships. Most of the recycling is done in Alang which is in the state of Gujarat on the west coast of India.
- Alang has about 175 ship recycling yards making it the market with the largest number of yards.
- More than 100 yards have ISO 9000, 14000 and OHSAS 18000 and about 50 yards have the fourth Cerfiticate ISO 30000 certification.
- Can handle all sizes and types of ships.
- Pays better value for specialized ships like reefers, LPG, PCC, dry ships.
- Recycles about 350-400 vessels annually.
- Has a naturally suitable beach for beaching of vessels with about a 10 deg slope.
- Pays higher value for vessels due to the ability to pay better prices for usable second hand machinery, ship spares, non-ferrous items.
- Guinness Book
Wirana has successfully concluded the purchases of two ULCCs from major shipowners with a combined LDT of 148,691 making the BIGGEST purchases of any year earning WIRANA a place twice in the Guinness Book of World Records and is the ONLY Cash Buyer to feature in it !...»